Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Video




While all eyes are turned on South Africa for The World Cup, this video, sent my way by Josie Borain (who some of you might remember as the tomboy haired Calvin Klein "Obsession" model) reminds us of South Africa's amazing musical culture.

Speaking of Josie Borain (who along with my favorite movie - Clint Eastwood's "The Outlaw Josey Wales" inspired my daughter's name) she published a book a number of years ago called "Josie You and Me". A collection of self-portraits, portraits, and behind the scenes reportage of the modeling world - it's the best of its genre and still available if you do a bit of web searching.



3 comments:

professional photo editing said...

A great article. Being of South African origin I remember them playing music like this on the street corners.

janet said...

wow! thanks. A true reminder that pure talent trumps everything.

Martini said...

Awesome! I've never seen a guitar played that way before...makes sense that she plays it the way she does. Makes me challenge my perception of how things "should" be done.