Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine Weekend Video - Part 2 of 2




Who has the number one album on the Billboard 200? You’re forgiven if you don’t know the answer. It’s “Need You Now” by the country trio Lady Antebellum. I’ve always been a big country music fan, but somehow Lady A. escaped me until this year’s Grammy Awards where they won Best New Artist and performed the album’s title song with its memorable refrain:

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now

I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now.

I’m puttin’ it on up there with my two other country favorites, “If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me” (by The Bellamy Brothers) and “If You Ever Leave Me I’m Going With You.”

Good ol’ country lyrics and the stuff of real-life romance.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

2 comments:

Milt Simpson said...

Wow! 2 great Valentine posts. Part 1 was especially moving, on one of my favorite blog sites. My thanks to Sarah Schulte for pointing the way.

Unknown said...

I met Charles and David from Lady A. a few years ago when Charles was a solo artist and David was in his backing band. Really nice guys. It's amazing how much adding female vocals fleshed out and really transformed their sound.