Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Weekend Video - Part 1 of 2




I've been saving this for Valentine's weekend. It's the final scene of "Cinema Paradiso" when Salvatore, the protagonist and childhood assistant of the projectionist Alfredo, screens the reel that Alfredo had left for him - and finds a veritable history of cinema in censored clips. Set to Ennio Morricone's romantic score, it's a bittersweet valentine to love and an unconditional valentine to cinema.

FYI - If you haven't seen the film, I would strongly recommend the extended Director's Cut, over the original version.

7 comments:

Joe Holmes said...

Thanks for reminding me of this one. Time to rent it and watch it with my teenagers.

Jim said...

One of my favorite scenes in any movie; what a strong yet bittersweet ending. My only regret is that it's hard to describe the scene to those who haven't seen the film, and in doing so you often ruin the surprise. The visuals of this scene are strong enough to add something of their own, but the first time I watched it I was completely stunned.

j said...

thank you thank you thank you!!!!
jojo

Oliver Warden said...

Yeah, this is a wonderful film.

Term Paper said...

Thanks for sharing this video.

Hugh Gannon said...

Va Bene Alfredo...

Very thoughtful,inspiring and motivating,your really hitting your stride this year, great posts James..

Hugh.

Adam said...

I have always wanted to watch this movie, having heard of the Cinema Paradiso Suite over a billion times. Thanks for clip!