Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Hiatus




I need a vacation! Or at least a break from blogging. So for the rest of the summer I'll be blogging occasionally rather than regularly and recharging the old batteries.

I'll leave you for now with this Leon Levinstein (above) from the Howard Greenberg Gallery's upcoming show, "Staff Picks". It didn't say who picked it on their e-mail announcement, an omission I hope they rectify in the show. But it's a fun pic and almost identical to the Yasuhiro Ishimoto (below) that I featured in a Summer Album last summer. I have no idea which came first but I'm pretty sure whoever came second was intentionally referencing the first. If anyone knows, do comment.

In the meantime, if you're missing this blog, can I suggest going back to some of the early posts? I'm always surprised by how quickly I've forgotten them, and if I can indulge myself, how well they hold up.



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

James, enjoy your summer at an undisclosed location.....and thanks for TYIP!

jaydee

stacy said...

enjoy your break!

come back recharged!

love both those photos!

Martin said...

Damnit, Danziger! If by "occasionally", to quote my ex-wife, you mean once a week, I suppose I can live with that. Any less, and my wandering eye may forget all about you.

Christopher Paquette said...

Have a great summer!

Anonymous said...

please don't go...i enjoy your site so

Eyeliah said...

Enjoy your break!!!

Clare said...

Enjoy your break, will look forward to your return!

juliet Hart said...

enjoy the rest of summer. Look forward to fall and continuing to honor life in pictures.

J

Suzanne Graff said...

You can't imagine how sustaining I find your blog. The Sartorialist grabbed me first--for many of the same reasons; enumerated below—and linked to you. In a time when images are ubiquitous and image is all, you’ve reminded me how photographs are art, and art worthy of deep contemplation as well. You are generous, enthusiastic, intellectually interesting, and kind. Good on ya, Danzinger. Have fun; we’ll wait.

Mariana Chatelain said...

Just a little comment to say (moi aussi!) that your blog is so, so intersting. Bravo!

Joe Holmes said...

Unrelated -- great quote in today's Times re: cell phone photography. A nice slice of common sense amidst all the gushing. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/16/fashion/16CAMERA.html

Unknown said...

Happy Summer Break!

Joanna Goddard said...

have a great vacation! xo

Letterpress said...

Enjoy your break. Blogging does get tiresome--I'm taking a break from mine this summer as well.

Love the parting pix!

ula said...

Hey James, have the best summer vacation (and your batteries too ;). we will surely miss you. I'll definitely check out your earlier posts, it'll be just like going through albums with old photos
ula

Happy Go Lucky said...

Have a great break!

David Rowland said...

Those pictures may both owe something to Álvarez Bravo -- http://thebrokenglass.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/los-agachados1.jpg