Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I &hearts L.A.



After going for a morning jog, I can report that Bel Air looks like pretty safe Obama territory. No McCain signs, no "Hockey Moms for Palin", just the bright blue of Obama signs nestled outside the multi-million dollar homes like alarm warnings. Clearly an appreciation of irony is more of a New York quality than an L.A. one.






Later in the day I was in the Century City shopping center and came across a cart offering engraving of any photograph onto silver I.D. tags. I thought they were pretty impressive and as you can see looked like something Damien Hirst would have loved for his forthcoming auction had he known about them.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many native Californians would think you're looking in the wrong place if you choose Bel Air of all the places in LA to find an appreciation for irony.

But I think your photos make a great point.

Unknown said...

Fantastic photos ....it looks like my drive to work :) You're in my hood!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Danziger,

We met briefly at the Fusco opening, I was in LA at the same time this weekend with a similar thought on the tags:

http://www.iliketotellstories.com/2008/09/fancy-that-mr-danziger-dog-tag.html

Good times, small world. Thanks for keeping it interesting,
Jonathan