Monday, November 30, 2009

Am I in Heaven .... or Am I in Miami?


Pamela Anderson attending Art Basel Miami Beach last year.


When I was an undergrad at Yale, the graduate drama students (who included Meryl Streep, Christopher Walken, and Sigourney Weaver) would blow off steam at the Yale Cabaret performing sketches and singing songs. One particularly funny song titled "Am I in Heaven .... or Am I in Miami?" always comes to mind as I drive in to Miami - where I'll be for the next week as I'm showing at Art Basel Miami Beach. (It was a particular act of brilliance to schedule an art fair just as the weather turns cold up-country.)

For anyone in the vicinity - I'm in Booth D41, but you'll need all the stamina you can muster plus a good map to find me as the fair is truly MASSIVE!

Anyway, I'll try to post from the fair, although I doubt I'll have much time to view too many of the peripherals. But if you don't hear much from me, that's what I'm up to this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the scene and being seen. Please report back on business conditions!

jaydee

Anonymous said...

C'mon man, we need to see lots of your photos of interesting stuff seen around the fair. Two updates a day, at least. ;-)

Martin said...

I've been following the news and images coming out of this event. Frankly, it depresses me. Nihilism is not an adequate response to the real problems we are facing. Art and artists should strive for more than aping celebrity culture. I can't imagine, from having read your blog and knowing your gallery, that you are having a really good time.