Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tokyo Photo



Dear Readers,

I am in Tokyo for the next week participating in the first Tokyo Photo Fair. It's also my first trip to Japan. I arrived last night.

The 13 1/2 hour flight over was surprisingly comfortable and my first taste of Japan was being faced with the above drink machine outside the airport. A difficiult choice, but as you can see I settled on the Mets grapefruit soda (delicious) before going into town on the friendly (and efficient) limousine bus.

We install the show today so stay tuned for regular updates. But if anyone happens to be near the Roppongi district, do come by and say hi. Details are here.





5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are a very lucky man: Tokyo and photography in one trip! Enjoy your first visit to Japan and the photo fair. I look forward to your posts from the city and the fair.

photo editing service said...

Great series of photographs! A big disappointment must have been a bus turning up instead of a limo!

Ads said...

nice pic of the drink machine.. has an Andreas Gursky feel!

RubyMel said...

I am very much looking forward to experiencing Japan through your eyes!

Martin said...

Most interesting, Tokyo. Wow! Are you taking the photos with your Panasonic Lumix?