Friday, December 28, 2007

Top Ten #4 – Blogs



As previously noted, Jorg Colberg’s Conscientious, The Sartorialist, and Alec Soth’s late blog, were not just a pleasure but an inspiration. However, to state the obvious: the entire blogosphere is simply teeming with original voices, opinions, and content. In writing this blog I often find the answer to my research on one blog which leads me to another blog, etc...

If not for blogs, how would I have known who made the bra Nicole Kidman wore on the cover of Vanity Fair? (Thank you Mr. frankufotos.) Or seen the daily photographic postings of Swedish photographer Sannah Kvist on “She Broke My Heart So I Broke Her Face”. Or even known there was a blog “For White Men Who Prefer Black Women”. (I was trying to find out who took this great period expression of pride in black beauty (below) after I saw it on another blog that was referencing Jacob Holdt’s website for “American Photographs”.) I'm still trying to find out the photographer, so blog readers, please help!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I admit that with my position as the EIC of Coutorture I often feel like I have seen it all in the style blogosphere. But each day I find my google reader brings me new finds in the form of links inside te some 240 blogs just in our network.

It really is astounding to see the creativity that abounds.

frankufotos Lingerie said...

You're welcome, Mr. Danziger (and, thanks for the link!)

franku